This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Long Island New York like?
04-08-2014, 04:41 AM
What is Long Island New York like?
Their is this girl online that says she's from Long Island New York... Port Jefferson to be exact. And she drives me nuts. She says she talks like a New Yorker all "ghetto" and what not. She thinks she's "gangster"/"thug" whatever. She swears she's a hardss and is tough and that everyone should respect her. She's Italian and she moved to the state of Georgia when she was like age 12-13 (according to her ask.fm) and from the looks f it port Jefferson isn't like NYC it's more "suburbs" where rich people live....
I called her fake bc I don't believe she should be acting the way she does and not be from the city! How is Long Island New York like? Is she lying?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:49 AM

I don&#x27;t know that exact area but Long Island is like any other place Nothjng fancy lol. It&#x27;s more suburb like ya some parts are rich like the hamptons . But other then that it&#x27;s just Regular homes for middle class familys

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:59 AM

oh my god there are different parts of long island were things can sometimes be a little ghetto but port Jefferson has to be one of the most richest milk toast pussyfied places ive ever been to for one every one has a name like Skippy or Buffy and they walk around in little sailor outfits and van sneakers there are a million sailboats in the marina and i couldn't find a single cigarette in the whole town like delis don't sell smokes i had to go to a cigar shop were the guy made custom cigarettes for me and if you use a curse word people look at you like your Charles Manson even more woostified than Hartford Connecticut
04-08-2014, 05:00 AM

She's full of crap. Port Jefferson is one of the richest, preppiest parts of Long Island as Sum Ting Wong says. There are no gangsters or thugs there unless gangsters wear LL Bean chinos, button downs and Sperry Top Sider deck shoes or Lily Pulitzer dresses with Ferragamo loafers and hang out at yacht clubs or country clubs drinking gin and tonics and eating lobster. Ghetto in Port Jefferson would mean driving a 4-year old Range Rover or Mercedes instead of the latest model

http://www.usa.com/port-jefferson-ny.htm
"Port Jefferson median household income is $108,060 in 2008-2012"
04-08-2014, 05:01 AM

Okay, Long Island has some of the most diverse groups around. So yes, there some areas that are considered "ghetto" and some areas that are middle class and some that are considered super wealthy (a lot of millionaires in some places).

That being said, Port Jeff is a middle class area. It's one of the nicest areas to live in (not going just by economics here - there are way richer areas than Port Jeff). A lot of people go to Port Jeff to go shopping or just to hang out and eat. It's a very "white" area, if that helps any.

Kittysue said that the median income is $108,000 - but I have to say that it's actually more like $60,000-$70,000 (some as low as $45,000 and some higher than $80,000).

And honestly, there are a LOT of middle class kids/young adults from LI that act "gangsta" because they CAN. It's been like that since I was a teenager (I'm 30 now) and some things just don't change.