This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EBAY SELLING HELP!!!!?
04-08-2014, 04:42 AM
EBAY SELLING HELP!!!!?
i had my item on auciton and was ending in a week but someone messaged me with an offer i would accept so over message we agreeed on a price.

they then thanked me and gave me their email for an invoice but i dont know wha tto do next??
i havent ever sold anyhting before !

please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:44 AM

If the item is still listed, someone else could buy it...

Add a buy it now price to your item and they can buy it that way. Look at ebay's help pages to see how to do this.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:46 AM

Dont do anything

Just go back and tell them to make a bid just like anybody else

cos there is a good chance you are falling for a scam

I'll bet you are selling a desirable item, (mobile phone maybe), or something high value

they make you an offer you cant refuse,

they pay you, (and I'll bet not via a e-bay/paypal transaction but by direct credit transfer)
(if they say they want you to terminate the auction and will pay directly then notify paypal and ebay immediately cos almost certainly it IS a scam

you send item (bet its to another country, but they wont tell you that yet, and DONT go by email address it aint difficult to set up a UK email address even from another country)

Then you find out the money you got was from a fake/fraudulent account, so your bank or paypal will deduct it from your account

so you finish with no money and no goods , you cant make a claim from paypal cos it was just a credit transfer. not from an e-bay sale, and not a hope in hell of tracking them down.

04-08-2014, 04:48 AM

You can create and send invoices through paypal, but just doing that means that it would be a trade outside of ebay and you would have to end your listing. You should never do a trade outside of ebay as it's far easier for people to scam you. Always check your Paypal account to make sure you have the money before sending the item and only ever send to the verified address on ebay/paypal.

There are certain limits and I believe there are even more when you are a new seller, but you may be able to add a Buy it Now button. Otherwise, it is best to let the auction run its course and tell the buyer to bid on the item if they still want it.

Usually people make offers more on valuable items in an attempt to get them cheaper or do deals outside of ebay and scam. No matter what the item I highly recommend you send it recorded delivery, but certainly make sure it is sent recorded if it is an item of high(er) value so you have proof of postage and delivery. Make sure that you are insured for the amount of the item if it does happen to get lost. Also make a note of any serial numbers.