This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook a "calmer" version of "myspace"?
04-08-2014, 04:43 AM
Is Facebook a "calmer" version of "myspace"?
I know that myspace has more but I found it a little intimidating. Then somebody invited me to view their facebook account and I found that more my style. Am I missing out because I am not doing myspace?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:48 AM

It doesn't have the sexy ads myspace has, which is why a lot of the people I know prefer it. It's not calmer - just different.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:55 AM

I don't think so. I prefer facebook because it is easier to update, easier to navigate, and it loads a lot faster. Myspace was fun for a while, then it just got to be too much. I don't think that you are missing out at all.
04-08-2014, 05:03 AM

It's all a preference of whichever is more your speed. I use myspace because all of my friends use it but I had to make my profile private because I kept getting a bunch of strangers wanting to be my friend, and I've gotten used to just deleting stupid emails and friend requests from random strangers every day.

I hear that Facebook is much more calmer and not as invasive, a lot more private, etc. A lot of my friends are also using Facebook, and they're all pleased with it.

Good luck and be safe in whichever avenue you decide to use. Smile
04-08-2014, 05:12 AM

I hate MySpace.

I left MySpace for Facebook a long, long time ago.

Myspace is flat out ugly, cluttered, and annoying. In addition to a much more streamlined design Facebook also has much stricter security features meaning you aren't constantly bombarded by fake friend requests and advertisements.

As far as keeping in touch with friends and cool mini applications, Facebook is the way to go.

If you are into music or following bands, Myspace may have the edge. But like you said it is way to hectic and hard to use.

It may be worth your time to maintain a simple Myspace page in case you want to check up on people who don't have Facebook from time to time.
04-08-2014, 05:21 AM

I think you are, Myspace is great if you like music and has top notch band sites and info on local and international music, but facebook tends to be full of retards that I didnt really care for at school, who like to send kisses and hugs to me, even though I am 35 and left school 19 years ago.