This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am not getting text alerts on my Samsung Galaxy S3?
04-08-2014, 04:45 AM
I am not getting text alerts on my Samsung Galaxy S3?
When I get a text message i do not get a notification at all, it doesn't appear in my notification bar nor do i receive a sound or vibration alert. The only way I get the message is if I open the app. Sometimes if I'm in the messaging app ill receive a message and i will get the buzz and noise and the notification in the bar. I am wondering if my phone is force closing the messaging app. i get notification from all other apps fine, like twitter, instagram, snap chat, and ect. I do not think it is a simple problem with my notification settings. Please try to help. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:54 AM

One of your apps may be over-riding the text message alerts.

I recommend placing messaging on the home screen so you can see if it is running. Open it, tap on settings, and make sure you have an active sound alert selected. If you have lost that file, select another.

Ads

04-08-2014, 05:00 AM

Just in case you should downlaod norton mobile security just in case one of the apps is messing with notifications and messages.
04-08-2014, 05:03 AM

I just ran into the same issue on an ATT Galaxy S3. I didn't change any settings so I am assuming an update to AT&T Messages caused my issue.

I fixed it by enabling notifications for AT&T Messages under Settings->Application manager->ALL->AT&T Messages->Show notifications (check it). I don't use AT&T Messages but ATT has it hooked in somewhere.