This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Linksys e1000 Router won't connect with wifi?
04-08-2014, 04:57 AM
Linksys e1000 Router won't connect with wifi?
I just bought a new modem, Netgear. My router was working with the old motorola modem. Now only cable works, not wifi. Can somebody help. I go to my 196.1 or whatever website to do the Wifi Protected Setup thing and when it is at 99%, it stops and than says error. I had to reset my router to make it work with my modem, and now the wireless thing is just overall messed up. please help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 05:06 AM

HI,
Turn over router and check in the bottom default access IP address and then type that IP address in to your browser. Enter `Admin` or `admin` as ID and `Password` or `password` as password. You will see a web based setup opened in front of you. Go to the Wireless Lan settings and then create a new SSID deleting previous SSID and this would be your new network`s name. Then go to subsection security and select WPA2-PSK or simple WPA-PSK then enter your desired network key. Once done with all these things the click apply and reboot if prompted. Also disable router's DHCP option for your network to remain in modem DHCP range to browse internet.
Good Luck

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply