This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why does my battery keep going down so fast?!?
04-08-2014, 04:57 AM
why does my battery keep going down so fast?!?
i have a t-mobile sidekick 4g
i dont have any games on my phone because i took them off and thought that was the reason.
i downloaded a battery saver
my phone charges really fast
i dont have any additional apps except facebook,twitter,and instagram
and whenever i use it for 10 minutes and the battery is 100% before it drops down to 86% and am not using a app or game am eaither texting or checking my facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 05:00 AM

The problem is either software (like a process running in the background) or hardware (old battery)
Try to buy another battery and re-install your apps

Ads

04-08-2014, 05:08 AM

There is definitely something wrong with your battery, the same thing happened to my mom and she had to get a new phone. But before you dish out the cash, talk to a customer sales rep or something to see if a replacement battery would fix the problem.

Good Luck
04-08-2014, 05:15 AM

How old is your battery? Some batteries have a life of approx 1 to 1.5 years. If you've had this awhile, would replace battery. If not, would take it back where you bought it; could be still under warranty if under a year.
04-08-2014, 05:22 AM

How often do you charge your phone? The more often you charge the phone, the more dependant the phone becomes on the charger. So, if you charge it once a week, the phone battery will last longer. But of you do it every night, it goes down quicker. Try to cut down how often you charge your phone - if your at home, let the battery go flat before charging it. If this is just impossible, invest in a solar or car charger (if you have/travel often in a car) and then at least it won't go flat when your out.

This worked with my phone but I have a blackberry, however it also works with my families phones, and they all have samsungs, nokias and other payg phones.
Hope I helpedSmile
04-08-2014, 05:26 AM

So you don't have anything like wifi or gps on? If not dry to drain your battery fully then recharge and see how long it will last it usually fixes it as far as i know (i may be wrong but worth trying)
04-08-2014, 05:34 AM

You have over charged it way to much
04-08-2014, 05:37 AM

If your phone is older than one year old then your battery needs to be replaced. Cell phone batteries come with approximately 300-500 charging cycles and will eventually stop taking charges. You can replace your battery for a lot less than your phone. Try:

http://www.batteries4less.com/samsung/si...g-sgh-t839

They have a generic brand that is also 1500mah (the capacity of the original battery) for only $14.95 with free shipping.

Good luck!
04-08-2014, 05:39 AM

There's nothing wrong with your phone unit but definitely it's your battery, with the 10 mins charging battery is full that would be the basis of battery replacement. This usually happens when you already used you're battery so long.