This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am disgusted with Internet Explorer. It will not open my online banking.?
04-08-2014, 04:57 AM
I am disgusted with Internet Explorer. It will not open my online banking.?
First thing I could not do on IE 11 was stream online video from Amazon Prime. The IE told me I needed Adobe Flash player, which I already had on my laptop. I deleted it and added it back but IE still told me I needed it. OK, I went to Google Chrome and streamed all I wanted at that time from Amazon. Today I tried to get on my online banking site. It requested verification of my ID and told me all my answers were wrong. Called the tech at bank site and was told answers are correct. Moved to Google Chrome and site opened right up. What could be wrong with IE 11 on my laptop and how can I fix it? Oh, BTW, I tried going to Microsoft IE update site and was informed my version is the newest there is.
HELP

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:59 AM

I'd suggest skipping IE and going with Chrome or Firefox. Both are better and more reliable.

Ads

04-08-2014, 05:00 AM

This has solved the problem with IE a lot.
For IE 8 & IE 9
Go to Start <> control panel <> Internet options <> advanced <> click
reset <> Place a check mark in the box that says delete personal settings <> Then click OK

For IE 10
1. Click start
2. Click control panel
3. Up top click the advanced tab
4. Click Restore advanced settings
5. Click apply then click OK

I have not tried yet, but I believe for IE10 works for IE11 also.