This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did you hear about this?:"Nebraska Lesbian Charged With Cutting Anti-Gay Slurs Into Her Own Flesh?
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Did you hear about this?:"Nebraska Lesbian Charged With Cutting Anti-Gay Slurs Into Her Own Flesh?
Reporting It As a Hate Crime"

lol

incoln, NE - Charlie Rogers, a 33-year-old Nebraska woman was jailed Tuesday after she allegedly carved anti-gay slurs into her flesh and then filed police report stating that she had been a victim of a hate crime.

Lincoln police and emergency responders were dispatched July 22 when 911 operators received a report of a house on fire. Officers arrived at the scene to find Charlie Rogers sitting across the street.

Investigators say Rogers crawled from the burning home naked and bleeding, stating that she had been a victim of a gruesome hate crime.

Rogers told police that three masked men broke into her home, carved anti-gay slurs into her flesh and tried to burn down her house. She went on to say that one man pinned her down while another man carved a cross into her chest, cut up her legs and sliced derogatory words into her arms and abdomen. The men then turned her over and cut her buttocks and legs.

As police began investigating the alleged hate crime, it quickly became apparent that Rogers' account of what happened didn't match up with evidence inside the home.

Detectives found a pile of clothes, white gloves and a red box cutter on the living room floor of Rogers' home. Although Rogers claimed that the gloves did not belong to her, a forensics lab found her DNA inside them instead of an alleged perpetrator.

Detectives also discovered that Rogers had purchased a box cutter, gloves and zip ties at a local Ace Hardware store a few days prior to the incident. She then sent photographs of her injuries to a friend a few days before the purported attack took place.

Detectives examined Rogers' Facebook page which provided them a first possible motive in the case. Police say Rogers posted messages on her Facebook profile that announced a plan she had to "spark change" in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.

"So maybe I am too idealistic, but I believe way deep inside me that we can make things better for everyone. I will be a catalyst. I will do what it takes. I will. Watch me," Rogers reportedly posted four days before the alleged attack.

Federal and local law enforcement spent more than "change" investigating the case. Final cost of the investigation hasn't been completed because detectives are still investigating and processing evidence.

"The FBI, the Bureau of Fire Prevention and the Lincoln Police Department have spent an exorbitant amount of time and personnel resources investigating this," stated Police Chief Jim Peschong. "We have aggressively investigated this. Every day since this incident has happened, there have been investigators working on trying to identify who these assailants were."

Rogers was booked into jail and charged with making a false police report. She was released without bail pending her next court appearance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:40 PM

lmfao I really just fell off my chair

Ads

This sounds like something you'd see on Law and Order: SVU. "Cutters" are CRAZY. This is cold comfort, but she'll have to live with her own self-inflicted scars forever.

I saw her picture and she just looks like a man, lol

I remember reading about this some time ago...she said that she had been bullied and wanted to strike out at those who had bullied her...she obviously has problems ..and believe she has some relationship problems..sad that bullying has the impact that it has.

Gays will do anything to get attention. How sad!