This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wondering if you guys have seen this yet - ?
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Wondering if you guys have seen this yet - ?
Some of my facebook friends shared this page, it's about a girl who was bullied very harshly and took her own life. I don't even understand how her peers could even do what they did - I feel like the severity of bullying and of suicide is not stressed enough in schools and communities.
Having known several young people who took their own lives, I just wanted to remind you all of the seriousness and importance of the subject.

And also to reach out to peers who seem distant, depressed, or lonely, rather than to just ignore them or shun them, as many people do. That connection, as little as it may seem, could mean the world to someone.

Here is the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ocvs5kNDSs
And facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages...6062784532
(I find it interesting that a stranger made the page for Amanda, and strangers are sharing their sympathy. This problem is bigger than just at one school or in one community.)

Just posting this to see other people's thoughts and to remind everyone to raise awareness and to try to understand. She (and many others) were so young, and things would have gotten so much better if they had held on just a little bit longer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:40 PM

Yes actually.

Although I've never met her, she lives near me, so quite a few people I know, knew her. It was all over school today, and I've been seeing facebook posts since late last night.

Ads

Survival of the fittest takes it's toll yet again.

I'm extremely intoverted, but very smart. I don't have many friends and get bullied. I don't really mind though since I can think about their motives and whatvthey see themselves as. I find it amusing,

I've been bullied, so I know what she went through, it's sad that it ended that way though.