This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are there any reasons NOT to open a facebook account?
04-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Are there any reasons NOT to open a facebook account?
I have heard so many things about security and privacy etc. I even heard that the CIA and everything you write and post at the facebook site is copied somewhere like 6 times. Is this true and what have you heard about it as far as privacy and security goes?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:25 PM

yes, allot of creepy people stalk you on Facebook

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Yes, If you are having an affair or cheating on your mate. Or if you are a private person.
04-08-2014, 06:42 PM

It will consume your life and time.
04-08-2014, 06:44 PM

What the hell? You can put your profile to private so that only the people you make your friends can see it. And I'm sure the government is all up in our business on every other site too, so that's nothing new.
04-08-2014, 06:52 PM

There is always security issues with ALL social sites. Facebook is no different. It may be worse because they allow you to join at 13 but no other threat
04-08-2014, 06:52 PM

not really...i mean sure you might be stalked by people you really don't know...but that doesn't happen unless your famous...or really hot Big Grin
04-08-2014, 06:54 PM

If you are serious about your privacy, then don't open a facebook account. The CIA doesn't worry about safety, anyway. The place has more rats than a NY subway.
04-08-2014, 06:56 PM

I think as long as you set security you are safer. Like set your profile up be only viewed by your friends, only have friends that are people you know and trust. And don't post pictures or comments that you don't want people to see. And if you don't want everyone to know your all your business than don't post it. I have seen where a business has took a family picture off of face book and used it in their advertisement. The family found out and sued them. I don't know about the CIA but I am sure if they wanted to know you they could find out stuff with out you being on facebook
04-08-2014, 06:59 PM

your friends will post pictures of you that you don't want to remember. It happened to me the other day and I was soooo mad! I regret added her as my friend.