This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does Facebook do this?
04-08-2014, 06:21 PM
How does Facebook do this?
I was on vacation and logged onto my Facebook account from a different device and later when I got home and logged in from my computer I got an email telling me that someone (me) had logged in from (told me the name of the town I was vacationing at) and even told me the device used (iPhone 4) the iPhone had GPS location disactivated so now I'm wondering how the hell Facebook still tracked me down?? How is that possible?? This is scary, how can I change this?? and how the hell did they know the device? Someone please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:28 PM

Fb keeps your IP address logged.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:38 PM

You can change the settings (under Account). Any time your FB is accessed from the email or phone number given, it takes a log of it if it's not one of the "registered" devices. You can even disable the email notifications for it too.
04-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Thats easy, all websites know that information. I'm glad facebook has that security feature to notify you, if anyone ever did log on to your account or knew your password then you would know about it.