This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get people to click on my AdSense ads?
04-08-2014, 06:21 PM
How do I get people to click on my AdSense ads?
First of all, I'd like to point out that I'm not asking for ways to trick people or do something that's against Google's TOS and agreements.

I just want to know what type of ads work better, where I should place them, etc. Is there anything that worked good for you that might work well for me?

If it helps, my website is alpha-developer.com.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:29 PM

It may be best to see them as Google's ads, which you really don't have much control over. rather than seeing them as your ads.

Generally setting the text style of ad units to match your site content gets higher click rates, making ad units look more like an integral part of your content helps as well, people tend to ignore footer banners, mixing ad units with 2 or 3 different sizes used for banners as well can tend to get you more ads, if they have trouble identifying the subject of a page or matching it's content to search keywords you may get cheaper banner ads coming up.

One general traffic tip: You page loaded kind of slowly on my browser, scrolling was flakey for a while, Bounce Rates can be a big visitor losing factor, faster load times lowers the number of people who bail before your site completely loads. Your home pages totals close to 1.75Mb, there are people with 150k DSL connections who would need at least 10 seconds for your page assets to load, pre-scaling images on page size and using lower jpeg quality can get the wises to close to 1/10 the size of some images you have now.

In my brief visit I didn't see standard text Ad units bit did see skyscrapers on the right and in the footer. If there are not enough text ad bidders they show banner ads instead, as a last resort they may be "remnant" traffic auctioned off in real time bids which can bring up those re targeting ads tailored to visitors history on the internet. (Just wanted to describe how others may see completely different ads than you see)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply