This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SEO and submissions with a URL forwarding address?
04-08-2014, 06:22 PM
SEO and submissions with a URL forwarding address?
My website address is: http://www.epicselfies.wordpress.com

My site is hosted by word press, I just use their URL forwarding service. So, when I am submitting my website to search engines, directories, and doing SEO tactics, should I be submitting the TLD .com address? Or the wordpress subdomain to which the TLD redirects to?

Any tips to really start driving traffic to my blog? Thanks for the help!
I also mean for backlink services and ping services, etc. which domain should I be using for that. Also check out my blog everyone!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:25 PM

I think that your forwarding is wrong. You should use wordpress function to get short url as http://www.epicselfie.com Please check link below how to do it.

You should use this BEFORE creating backlinks because all your link juice will be broken.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:29 PM

It's really not a good situation, since a fair percentage of backlinks should be to inner pages of the site and not the home page url, you would lose the benefit of any backlinks to the wordpress.com urls if you relocat to another host.

Can you pay wordpress.com a fee to use a custom domain name and eliminate the redirect. (Blogger.com allows custom domains for no fee)
04-08-2014, 06:39 PM

It's not workout as you think don't redirect this URL

Take domain name from WordPress, It's benefit to your services..