This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to protect my photos on Facebook?
04-08-2014, 06:22 PM
What is the best way to protect my photos on Facebook?
I hesitate to post any photos online for privacy reasons, and I don't want people to take any of my photos without permission. I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends, and sometimes to network, but I'm not on it every day. Sometimes, I've gone weeks or months without being on it.

A lot of my friends post tons of photos from vacations, weddings, etc. I, on the other hand, usually ask before posting any photos because I'm uncomfortable with too many people having access to photos of me.

I would like to share some photos, and I know there are some privacy settings on Facebook. However, what I'm wanting to learn is how to protect my photos and prevent most if not all people from saving them. If someone wants a photo, they can ask me. I know disabling the right click button doesn't always work, and I'm not a huge fan of putting a watermark on all my photos.

I've read about watermarking, shrink wrapping, and slicing and dicing. I still can't decide which would be the best method. Any of ya'll with lots of computer (or photo protection) experience (Mac experience a plus) can help me out? I consider myself pretty good with computers, but nowhere near as good as the Millennial generation/computer expert range.

I know Picasa with password protection is another option.

http://skinnyartist.com/stop-stealing-my-images/

https://community.homestead.com/homestea..._or_copied

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:27 PM

just put your photo setting as only friends can see or only i can see.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:35 PM

I personally just add some cutey watermarks on my pic. this is what i use.
04-08-2014, 06:37 PM

Just protect with some setting in your profile setting, so that no one disturbed you.