This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend said that they were gay on Facebook?
04-08-2014, 06:23 PM
My friend said that they were gay on Facebook?
My childhood bestfriend on Facebook put a status up 2 days ago that said that they were gay and that they were done hiding it. I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not (still not sure really) and it got a few comments from people saying they still love her the same and things like good you shouldn't hide this anymore. She didn't like any of their comments or anything though. And I saw that she hasn't put anything else up on Facebook since. Well the thing is though she has a boyfriend? So I'm really confused. Like it even says on her Facebook that she's in a relationship with that guy still and I saw she got tagged in a status that said hanging out with (her name) and a winky face. Just yesterday. i know that people can be bisexual but she said "gay" so I don't really know what to think. And I'm also extremely shocked I won't believe it until I hear it from her mouth. i mean I love her, she's still a great friend but she moved away a few years back a couple hours away and I haven't seen her since so we're not really close.like we used to be. So what is this supposed to mean? And I was thinking I maybe should message her and tell her I saw her status and to give support for being brave to put that or something but I don't want to do that unless it's real...honestly I'm kind of thinking she's going to end up commenting on it and saying something like "omg I didn't put this a friend did...it's not true" or something because I notice she doesn't come on Facebook that much...so idk!?
oops just realized I didn't say who tagged her in the hanging out status it was her boyfriend!
oops just realized I didn't say who tagged her in the hanging out status it was her boyfriend!
She liked her boyfriends status now so she's been online.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:31 PM

Depends if you are still in touch on a regular basis. If you are, then you could either ignore it and wait for her to say something directly to you, or add your own comment about she was your best friend and that you value that above anything that nature decided well before any of us were born. Doing nothing would be my option unless we spoke regularly.

Maybe also, you might want to consider your own views on the subject. You sound like a compassionate person, so hopefully you are aware that anyone's sexual orientation is innate and not a conscious choice. Maybe your friend is just realising what her instincts are telling her, or maybe you are right, that some dumb friend has compromised her profile. Best to keep all your options open until you are sure.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply