This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I found a fake ad on the internet?
04-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I found a fake ad on the internet?
They were advertising a hair extension service for cheap

So i booked a date but never heard back. Then i saw they put a new ad up.

I called back the same girl who did the booking and she just kept saying ' you have the wrong number'

Have they done anything illegal? I don't think i can really report them as they haven't done the service yet.. or can i?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM

You can.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Did you give them any money? If they took money, that's fraud. If not, then there may be a vague false advertising case, but in reality you are just going to have to get over it.
04-08-2014, 06:48 PM

Millions of dollars are probably lost a day from purchases from fake online stores, make money courses that don't deliver, etc. Your emotional stress in missing an appoint seems trivial in comparison.

Did they have any motivation to pay for an advertisement for a non existing service. More likely there was an innocent problem in this case, wrong number was put in by the printer or they were unable to rent the shop space they expected to open.
04-08-2014, 06:53 PM

There's nothing to report. What law do you think they've broken?
04-08-2014, 07:02 PM

A fake ad on the internet? There is no such thing.Of course you can report them to the Better Bu sines Bureau, but is it worth it? The original ad is no longer up and running. Did you make a copy? What can you prove? Just drop the issue and move on. Life is to short!