This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I block adverts, ads, and sound from adds?
04-08-2014, 06:26 PM
How do I block adverts, ads, and sound from adds?
Hello, I wanted to tell people how to block adverts. They bug me too hell!

I get so frustrated with little side flash adds or adds in general, especially when they have a pop sound that happens every second. Finally that was the last straw. Normally I just ignore the banner ones but the noise ones really bug me.

There is nothing you can do about adverts on videos... par go watch videos on a website without adverts. However say you're on a page with adverts at the side. All you need is to make sure your browser has some kind of developer tool. Chrome has it built in. Firefox has firebug... I also think now it also has one installed straight out the box. Anyways find the area where the adverts are located right click the bar or part the adverts appear. Look for the div that seems to hold the advert. Go to the styles at the side and type the following. Display: none; - This will remove the adverts, the noise and anything else that is there. Unless you refresh the page then the page will be back how it was before.

I hope this was helpful.

This would be an example:

#side-b {
background-color: #F2F2F2;
float: left;
height: 1%;
margin: 0;
width: 169px;
display: none;
}

If you're not sure how to do this just look up css styles, and get a basic education on this and you should be able to figure it out quite easily.
I forgot to say right click and go to inspect element. This will bring up a load of css which you can then edit. should come up in a box at the bottom of your browser.
I don't need a plugin with loads of hidden spyware and crap. This way I know it works.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:27 PM

i prefer installing a plugin to such as Simple adblock and the rest is taken care of.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply