This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
does multiple bidding add up to your end price on ebay?
04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
does multiple bidding add up to your end price on ebay?
i bidded multiple times and now i'm scared that the money will add up. also, im the only bidder.
i know it's dumb but i was desperate (im a noob in ebay)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:35 PM

if you have bid your highest price it will only go to that if someone else bids up that amount it doesn't matter how many times you bid

you can retract that amount and enter wrong amount entered if you have bid too high price than you are willing to pay

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:37 PM

if you bid for e.g £2.34 for an item with a starting price of 99p, your current bid will be 99p until somebody else bids, if nobody else bids then you want to increase you bid so you bid £4.55 the bid price will still stay at 99p again unless a different bidder places a bid.

always remember no matter how much you want something never place a bid more than you can afford or think the item is really worth. somebody else might do a simular thing and place a very high bid and who ever wins will then have to pay that amount
04-08-2014, 06:47 PM

Your bid only goes up if someone else is bidding against you. You can keep going in and placing a higher max bid (but why?) but unless or until another bidder starts to bid, the price you will pay (if you win the auction) doesn't change. If no one else bids, it doesn't matter what your max bid is or how many times you entered a bid amount, you'll get it at the first bid amount. With ebay you are not supposed to keep on bidding again and again and again by like a dollar more each time. You should decide at the beginning what you max bid you will spend is, and you put that in. The price will only go up as much as it needs to to beat any other bidders, until someone elses max bid is more than yours, then they are winning the item.
04-08-2014, 06:56 PM

No. don't worry only if somebody bid more than you it will go up gradually until your highest bid is reached by another bidder but if no more bids are placed your price will be the starting bid good luck to you.