This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it now illegal to Backup Media You Have Purchased?
04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Is it now illegal to Backup Media You Have Purchased?
Well in an interesting turn of events, a US court has ruled that "backup software" for media is illegal.I heard the knews"A New York federal court has granted the seizure of several domain names, bank funds and social media accounts belonging to DVD ripping software company DVDFab. Judge Broderick ruled in favor of AACS, the licensing outfit founder by Warner Bros, Disney, Microsoft, Intel and others."What do you think of it? Will you agree with this? I felt somewhat ridiculous.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Hey! I think it is your own right and also legal to backup for you own media which has already been paid for. However,the media your have bought also has copy protection inside.You should follow the AACS's rules.Don't remove the protection they added in them.As you will violate their rules.The DVDFab above claims they can remove AACS's protection.They do very good in this area and decrypted the movie industry's interest.So they are suspended.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply