This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are some people on Facebook so rude?
04-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Why are some people on Facebook so rude?
The other day I was debating with someone on Facebook. At one point, when this FB friend of mine admitted that he was in the wrong, I said, "Well, it's a good thing that you are at least admitting that you are in the wrong". At this, my friend decided to insult me, and said, "That is the worst interpretation of English I have ever seen. You actually graduated from college, and yet you speak like that". Now, we have had many debates over Facebook, but at this statement, he instantly de-friended me, and threatened to block me out if I ever responded to him again".

Why does he feel the need to insult me like that for pointing out that he is in the wrong?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:38 PM

Well, while your intention may not have meant to seem mean or cocky, saying "Well, it's a good thing that you are at least admitting that you are in the wrong' kind of comes off that way and could have easily offended this person. I would suggest only friending people you actually know rather than complete strangers. If you want to debate topics, then I would check out and see if there are any internet forums out there about the subject you were debating with this person.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:42 PM

Just ignore then and block , they just want to be smarter Wink
04-08-2014, 06:45 PM

they screen shot it and put it on reddit