This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help! Whenever I open a new tab, this weird search engine comes up.?
04-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Help! Whenever I open a new tab, this weird search engine comes up.?
I opened a new tab yesterday and instead of google (my default search engine) a weird search engine came up. I'm not sure what it's called because there isn't a name anywhere, there is just a white screen and blue magnifying glass and a search box. I think it might be called conuit or somthing like that but I'm not sure. I'm using google chrome as my browser. I already tried the Manage my search engine option to see if I could delete it, but all I could delete was google and yahoo. Please help me soon!!!
Thanks
I have a compaq computer, I think that's a PC.
Oh I recently found out that the weird search engine is called search.conduit.com and I guess I did install something recently but I'm worried that if I install something to remove search.conduit.com it will just be another viris

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:31 PM

you have a mac?

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:38 PM

Did you recently install anything on your computer? Or it might be a adware search engine that you got visiting a site. To delete that search engine you wouldn't be able to delete it from the broswer itself. If you have windows you will have to delete it the way you uninstall and delete programs on your computer. So go to control panel and uninstall programs on windows and search for the name of it on there. If you can't find it then you may need to download a adware remover. But try to find and uninstall it first.