This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what are some nice english chats?
04-08-2014, 06:32 PM
what are some nice english chats?
I'd like to improve my english...so i thought that when i'm bored i could chat with some english people.
I found a few chats but they're full of perves :/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:36 PM

it's best to go to a chat area that you have a shared interest in. read the topics people are talking about and then add your opinions to them.

example: if you like art, go to an art chat. if you like music, go to a music chat. i'd wait to tell them that you're trying to improve your english until they start noticing. and then, when they might criticize how you're writing, ask plainly "i would like to know how to say that better". they should offer examples at that point. i think that's probably the most helpful approach i can think of.

one of the hardest things to get when writing in another language is understanding "idioms"... ways of saying stuff that has meaning in one culture but are meaningless in another. example: in english, you might here someone say "break a leg!", where a german might say "pauken die daumen!" (press the thumbs). they both mean the same thing... "good luck!"

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:39 PM

You could try the Answerbank, which has a "Chatterbank" section;
http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/
It is a slightly more polite version of this site.
Regards, Bob.