This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is onlyindecember.com real?
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Is onlyindecember.com real?
So they're selling things very cheap. But my question is, has anyone actually bought anything from them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Well, the site was registered two weeks ago, the contact information is hidden, the prices are unrealistic so I wouldn't buy from it.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:38 PM

I think it is pretty clear that they are a scam. Aside from the fact that the prices quoted are just too low to believe, the "About Us" statement on the site is strange. How would a site that is only two weeks old have arranged with so many major brands to sell products at dramatically lower prices than Amazon, and the manufacturers themselves. (I found their site looking for an Epson printer, which onlyindecember is offering for $500 less than the Epson store.)

Most convincingly, when I Googled their address, I found another website that has virtually the same web page & "about us" statement. There is a discussion of this site in a Yahoo questions page and it clearly is a scam.

Alas, as usual, a deal that looks too good to be true is, indeed too good to be true. Here are links to the other site and Yahoo exchange about it: http://www.electronicmegasale.com/about-us/
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...201AAz5MSv

Have a Happy New Year.
04-08-2014, 06:41 PM

That's was I was thinking.. the TV I'm looking for is listed so low, it has to be stolen to sell at that price. I would love to think it's real.. but common sense gets the best of me.

Everyone else (even Amazon) is selling this Smart TV for $599, OnlyInDec has it for $479. I love a good bargain, but that's too good to be true.
04-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Totally fake! And they're address, 6475 E Pacific Coast HWY, is the same address of an actual mailbox store in LA.
04-08-2014, 06:48 PM

Amazing answers saved me a lot!!!
04-08-2014, 06:55 PM

The website is a total scam. Though this could be an error in the website, every thing they show is listed to be 1 pound like the xbox one.
04-08-2014, 07:00 PM

So I saw a laptop on woot and was considering it so I slept on it and the next am they were all sold out so I searched for that model and saw it cheaper @ onlyindecember...that was on dec 31. I was skeptical to buy from reading all the comments, but since I could pay with paypal and used my cc I figured I could dispute it. So I ordered it. A couple days went by with no shipping yet and then the site went down for maintenance which then freaked me out even more. The next day, which was prob 1/3 it showed it shipped and gave me a tracking #. So as it stands now...something is going to be delivered tomorrow. I even called the ups hub and talked to them and they confirmed that there was a package and it was from bestbuy. BTW I live in WA state and it came from CA. It was in Portland as of this am...so this story will be continued till tomorrow. However, I work 48hr shifts so I gave instructions to my wife and son to call me as soon as it arrives and then I will have them take some pics to verify. I sure hope this site is legit cause they have some great prices.
04-08-2014, 07:04 PM

This is what is happening!

1. Scammer Steals target credit card

2. Scammer makes fake website

3. Scammer makes extremely low prices and makes money by ordering the item with his stolen target credit card to give to his customer.

4. Item is shipped to your house and you think What a great deal

5. Infact you are just taking part in a scam

After I found this information I disputed my paypal account and got my money back.
This time it may not be you getting screwed but someone else is please be a nice guy/girl and do not buy from this website.

information from- nooneuknow on http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...?p=9949230
04-08-2014, 07:11 PM

I ordered a laptop 8 days ago and except for the order confirmation, I have not heard back from onlyindecember. I have sent several emails to info@onlyindecember.com but did NOT get response in 24 hours. I paid with PayPal so I am disputing the purchase. Did you get a customer service phone with your order? If yes, please share it with me.