This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why is my download speed so slow?
04-08-2014, 06:36 PM
why is my download speed so slow?
I am downloading a file using utorrent and it says my download speed is 1 KB. But I just went to speedtest.net and it says my download speed is 22.38 MB. Please help best answer gets 10 points.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:44 PM

Essentially it is the Torrent file, the more seeders the more speed you get out of torrenting. new things come out and they have 1-2 seeders or 0-2 etc... its not your internet i tell my dad this all the time, it matters on how many seeds there is.. more seeds = more speed.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:49 PM

when you use torrents to download your speed is reliant on other people, more people who have finished the download and are allowing people to download from them (seeds) means higher download speed. higher number of people downloading (leachers) means lower download speed... these are per download so one downoad could be 2MB/s while another could be only 2KB/s
04-08-2014, 06:57 PM

Are there seeders? Is there also a lot of leechers? If there aren't enough seeders to leechers speed is going to be slow. Also, your download speed from speedtest.net is 22Mbps (small b) Divide that by 10 and that is about the Maximum MB (big B) you can get with maximum settings. So about 2 MBps. Also, make sure you have your ports forwarded on the router. uTorrent settings can help determine this.
04-08-2014, 06:59 PM

On peer-to-peer networks, your download speed is limited by the number of contributors for your file and their upload speeds. Most Internet users upload speeds are much slower than their download speeds and even with dozens or even hundreds of contributors, it takes time for their computers to upload a file for you to download. It gets worse the fewer contributors there are for a particular file.