This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it really true that AB FAB MANAGEMENT is a SCAM and its owner JANE ROONEY ROST is CON ARTIST?
04-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Is it really true that AB FAB MANAGEMENT is a SCAM and its owner JANE ROONEY ROST is CON ARTIST?
I'm a new model in central florida and I was looking for a good modeling agency. I found a few and I asked a few model friends of mine about AB FAB MANAGEMENT. They all said to don't ever work with that fake agency because its british owner JANE ROONEY is a known liar and a thief with a serious drinking problem. They also said that she demand her new models pay her for worthless photo shoots and workshops just to keep the money to pay her own bills. In addition they said she cons models into paying over charged prices for cheap comp cards and high fees to be on website. I was really curious so I did a search on the internet and found pages of negative reviews on google, yahoo, bing and other search engines about AB FAB MANAGEMENT SCAM and its owner JANE ROONEY, JANE ROONEY ROST being a BRITISH CON ARTIST. Does anyone else have any truthful information about Ab Fab management or Jane Rooney?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Any agency that asks you to pay for photos, or anything else, is a scam.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:51 PM

I've never heard of that specific agency so can't comment on them directly. But as a general rule it's against the law for a model or talent agency in Florida (model agencies are considered Talent Agencies under the law) to charge their models for photos, workshops, etc. Read the Florida Film Commission website
http://www.filminflorida.com/ela/tma.asp
"By law, Talent agencies are NOT allowed to charge a registration fee! No talent agency shall, as a condition to obtaining employment for any artist, require the artist to subscribe to, purchase, or attend any publication, postcard service, advertisement, resume service, photography service, school, acting school, workshop, acting workshop, or video or audiotapes!"

Since all model and talent agencies operating in the state of Florida are under the jurisdiction of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), if you find any agency who is either not registered or is breaching the law you should report it so they can investigate
Customer Contact Center: 850.487.1395
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp

They will advise if this company is operating within the law or not, and if you have any recourse if you were charged for photos

I don't know if the agency you mention is legit or not but contact the DBPR on Monday and ask them if this is allowed