This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I post a link to my facebook page on another site?
10-15-2012, 08:34 PM
How do I post a link to my facebook page on another site?
I have seen numerous posts on other sites that say "Like me on Facebook" and the word facebook is a link to their business page that redirects once you click it.
How do I do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:43 PM

Go to the Facebook page that you are linking from your website to. Copy the Facebook URL from the address bar in your web browser by highlighting the text and holding down Ctrl+C on a PC or Command+C on a Mac.

Within your website's online content management system, navigate to the page or section where the Facebook link will be placed. If you are editing the HTML file, open the page in a text editor or HTML editor like Dreamweaver. You may also be able to find an online html editor.

If your website has a visual editor, locate the link insertion button within the menu; it usually is a graphic icon of two chain links. Click the insert link button and paste the Facebook URL into the link field by holding down Ctrl+V on a PC or Command+V on a Mac. If you are editing the HTML file or source code online, you will need to insert the link code. HTML code starts with a "<" and ends with a ">". Between these, add the following: a href="http://facebook.com" You can replace the facebook.com with a unique URL, like http://facebook.com/(and your name here).

Write the word(s) you would like displayed on your website page to direct people to your Facebook link, like:"Click Here to Visit Facebook," then type a "<" followed by a "/a>" to close the link.

If you are using an online visual editor or content management system, click "Update" or "Publish" on your page, and visit your site to check your link. You should now be able to link to Facebook from your website.

If you need to upload the HTML file to your server, download a free FTP client, FileZilla or CuteFTP. You may already have an FTP client on your computer. Type in your FTP login information within the FTP program; you will need your username and password.

Log in and navigate to the section of your server where the old HTML file is stored. For example, if your page is called about.html on your computer, browse the folders on your FTP server until you find the location of about.html. Drag and drop the updated HTML file from Windows Explorer or Finder to the FTP folder -- this will make sure you create a web page that's up do date.

Visit your website and check your link. If your link is not working, double-check your code.

Read more: How to Put a Facebook Link on My Website | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5832801_put-face...z1ZvAStr9F

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply