This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to become a guitarist?
04-08-2014, 06:39 PM
how to become a guitarist?
Im still young (teens) and i want to be a musician. Everyone says i have what it takes, i practice 2 hours a day for 8 years. How do i find a band though? And once i have a band, how do i get heared? I would really like to kbow how to do these things, and any other advice would be amazing. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:40 PM

There are many ways to join a band.

One way is to create your own band! Find other people that play instruments, and form a band.

Determine the genre/style of music you want to play, and find other musicians that are interested in that genre/style. You could create an ad on a website such as: Craigslist, or BandMix.com.

You could also post flyers around your local music stores.

Here's a helpful webpage that gives tips on how to start a band: http://www.wikihow.com/Form-a-Band

There's several was to get your music heard. One way is to record a song/demo and post it on YouTube. Then you can share your song on different social media sites.

Here's a webpage on how to get your band famous: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Your-Band-Famous
There's many good tips on that webpage on getting your music heard.^

Hope this helps!

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:46 PM

There is no formula for being discovered, but if you're good your chances are improved. And if you're just playing to be discovered that's a bad plan. Play because you enjoy it. As far as finding a band....surely you know someone with common interests. If not, try the local music store....there are usually dozens of people posting notes at the store looking for someone to play with.