This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wondering what an ideal amount of data would be per month on an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S4?
04-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Wondering what an ideal amount of data would be per month on an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S4?
I'm unsure how much data I should get on a mobile phone plan but haven't chosen what phone to get yet so I hope they are both of similar usage. Usually in a day I would check facebook, twitter and instagram 3 or 4 times a day, use snapchat every half hour or less, download an app every few days and maybe watch a youtube video every few days. How much MB/GB would you recommend?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:49 PM

I would say all you need is about 500mb - 750mb because facebook and other social networks don't use much data, and if your watching youtube only every few days you should be fine

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:58 PM

It's usually best to go over what you think you'll need, just to be safe. It sounds like you probably need about 750mb, so I'd go with 1GB minimum.
04-08-2014, 07:05 PM

One of the most data heavy activities is watching online video, from what you are specifying as your average monthly usage you could even get away with 250MB ;-)

The guys that opt for 1GB+ or unlimited data deals are usually those that stream whole movies etc on a regular basis.

The average UK usage is still actually only just above the 250MB mark however so many people use their phones at home connected to their Wi-Fi that it's only when they're out and not near Wi-Fi that they use any amount of data.

This is what you can expect from 500MB and 1GB ....

500MB corresponds to…1GB corresponds to…
Basic webpages (mainly text) 5,000 10,000
Rich webpages (with multimedia, e.g. BBC) 1,500 3,000
Basic e-mails 500,000 1,000,000
Rich e-mails (with attachments) 1,000 2,000
Downloading/streaming music 100 songs 200 songs
Downloading/streaming video 1 hour 2 hours
Skype voice call 15 hours 30 hours
Skype video call 2 hours 4 hours
Listening to online radio 8 hours 16 hours
Downloading/updating apps 80 apps 160 apps

If you're looking for the best Samsung Galaxy S4 deals which are updated twice everyday then head over to here: http://www.phoneslimited.co.uk/Samsung/Galaxy+S4.html

Hope this helps!