This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to detect liars on the Internet?
04-08-2014, 06:41 PM
How to detect liars on the Internet?
Hello,

I've got that one 'friend' who said that she is 16 now. We know each other like almost 2 years but never really spoke to each other a lot.

She is from Poland and looks pretty too, her english isn't really very good.
So yeah, we knew each other, chatted and so. But then, when it was December 2013, so she had birthday, I messaged her 'Happy Birthday X, you will be 16 or?'; She replied: '16, yes and a smiley face'.

Lately, I've been visiting her Ask.fm profile and Twitter account. I suddenly just accidentally clicked on some of her random Tweets and got to know her message. She replied to some people at February 2013 and March 2013 that she will be 15 in December 2013 which was just 3 months ago. But exactly, I've asked her and she told me that she is 16. She should be 15 actually, it confused me a bit at the beginning but then I realized...

- She was lying to everyone except her real-life friends.

But I seriously don't really get why she would do that.
Any suggestions on this?

Thank you.
xox

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:47 PM

Bad liars, internet or not, change their stories. This is how interrogators catch liars. During the interrogation process, they question people multiple times at different times.

She indeed looks like a liar.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply