This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what is the process of getting a domain name registered of your choice ?
04-08-2014, 06:43 PM
what is the process of getting a domain name registered of your choice ?
I have a very special name idea and i want to get it registered for my future use.
So how do i get that name registered and how much it would cost to me .
i want to get it registered under ".com"
Pls explain in easy way.

thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:46 PM

Any of the countless domain name registrars can set you up with a .com name, godaddy is a popular one that sponsors a stock car racer, and had scantily clad women ion commercials (don't know what that does for your web site) typically the price is about $12 a year, look for new domain name discount coupon codes or other incentives (you should always use a godaddy code like from retailmenot.com)

Normally your registration details is publicly available through a whois query service, there are pair "privacy" proxies who keep your address and phone number concealed.

Email services provided by a registrar may vary, this may be more import if you want to start using it for email before you have a host and site.

All of the best .com names are already taken, be prepared to employ your creativity to come up with a compromise name that's available. Some registrars provide bulk search tools so you can check a list of names at a time:
http://www.godaddy.com/bulk-domain-search.aspx

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:49 PM

The process is very simple:
ipower.com
Godaddy.com
gator.com

First check to see if your name is actually available for you: http://uk.godaddy.com/deals2/?gclid=CKWU...0402085446Confused
Just type it in "SEARCH" and click SEARCH

All offer to register domain names - shop around the big names - prices do vary.so now once you know it doesnt already exist you can visit any of the biggest websites and choose the best deal.
(just for now remember to select "domain only" you do not need anything else until you are ready to use the domain itself.
04-08-2014, 06:58 PM

whomever you choose to search for the domain you want, be prepared to register it with them immediately.

registrars use to register searched domains if the searcher did not take it, thought the practice had ceased, but testing shows its still alive and well

register.com runs specials for new customers at 50 cents usd for a dot com, just remember to transfer it to a new registrar before the 12 months are up as the renewal is high.
04-08-2014, 07:02 PM

You can visit http://in.godaddy.com/ to register a website, just visit their and search for your desire url if it is available than than register it and make payment, on the godaddy in the future if you want than you can purchase hosting also.