This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why won't any of my programs access the Internet except for Internet Explorer?
04-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Why won't any of my programs access the Internet except for Internet Explorer?
Okay, so this is my last desperation before I literally lose my mind. Every program I have that needs or rather can access the internet is being blocked from it. That includes Yahoo Messenger, Mozilla Firefox, my AVG Firewall, I-Tunes...everything is being blocked except for Internet Explorer. Now I have scanned multiple times today, both with Malware and my Virus Scanner, I have gotten rid of all the threats. I have contacted my Internet provider and there is nothing wrong with my connections except that my Internet is being blocked by something. I did discover that I did have a program called Scorpion Saver on my laptop, I have gotten rid of it completely with no problems at all. Will someone please help me before I literally lose my mind because I am an online student and I cannot access my College through Internet Explorer...Seriously, I don't want any sarcastic answers, I need a straight forward answer. I have a Lenovo and I run Windows 7. Please someone help me!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:50 PM

check your IE connection settings (tools>Internet Options>connections). Here click on the LAN settings and see if you have a proxy server configured. If you do, just copy the same for Mozilla and you are done and sounds like you do have something like virus blocking it. You may have to restore your computer to an earlier date or restore to factory defaults.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply