This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly is Reddit?
04-08-2014, 07:07 PM
What exactly is Reddit?
Hello,
Some of my friends have reddit, and I heard it can be really funny sometimes, but honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing. Can someone explain to me exactly what it is, and how I'm supposed to work it?
Any information is great, thanks!
I already made an account, but I don't really know how to navigate the website

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:14 PM

Reddit is a social news and entertainment website where registered users submit content in the form of either a link or a text ("self") post. Other users then vote the submission "up" or "down", which is used to rank the post and determine its position on the site's pages and front page. it further can be said a Social Bookmarking site, like usually people post a link to remember and share it with others.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:15 PM

Simply put, Reddit is the place where nearly all important/interesting/funny/entertaining information is gathered and created.

You can find any topic that interests you on that site. Any. Topic.

All you have to do is find the right subreddit. For example:

reddit.com/r/funny

In that example, the subreddit is funny. In that subreddit, all funny content is gathered for you to browse through and enjoy at your leisure. You can view today's stuff, and when you see it all, view yesterday's stuff and the day before than and so on.

All you need to do is ask yourself what interests you, and then subscribe to those subreddits. Then, only those subreddits will appear for you so that you can read only the content that appeals to you.
Pretty much all there is to it.
04-08-2014, 07:24 PM

A social news and entertainment website where registered users submit content in the form of either a link or a text ("self") post. Other users then vote the submission "up" or "down", which is used to rank the post and determine its position on the site's pages and front page. Content entries are organized by areas of interest called "subreddits".

Hope it will help