This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my wireless card not working?
04-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Why is my wireless card not working?
So i got a computer from Cyberpower PC and i decided to get a wireless card with it ( I have Windows 7 64 bit). It says I have a netis 11n USB Wireless LAN Utility(CU). When i look in the bottom left corner it doesn't have the bars showing up, instead it's the monitor with the red X in front of it. I have tried to tighten it and that doesn't help. When i check troubleshoot it says I need to plug an Ethernet cable into this computer; if I try it again it says a network cable may not be pluged in right or is broken. Anyone know how to fix it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:10 PM

Sounds like the message you're seeing is related to your Ethernet connection, not the wireless connection. If you don't see a wireless connection icon in your system tray then you'll need to enable this icon before you'll be able to see it. You can do this by clicking on the Show Hidden Icons triangle to the left of the system tray, finding the icon in question, and enabling it. If the icon isn't found then you'll need to open the software for this card from the Start menu.

You should contact Cyberpower PC and ask their tech support team for assistance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply