This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Frusturated With Life?
04-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Frusturated With Life?
Hi im 14 and ive been keeping secrets from my parents my whole life:

Using Wi-Fi=Secret
Facebook=secret
Twitter=Secret
Email=Secret

Im 14 and I cant even have any social media! Not even a email! I also have a girlfriend but they got pissed off and wanted me to be friends.
How on earth can i just be friends when I feel so strongly about someone!!! Also kids ages 10+ have phones. Its no fair that a 10 year old stuck up kid who gets bad grades gets a cell phone and a kid who gets good grades and is good to his community doesnt. Im tired of sneaking stuff from my parents. They never let me follow my dreams of developing technology.
So I need Answers
1. How can I convince my parents to allow me get a email
2. How can I convince my parents to give my GF a chance
3. How can I convince my parents to let me buy a phone?

Its no fair that everyone has a phone and I dont!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:15 PM

I don't have a phone.
I don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend
I have email but all I get is junk mail

I don't know any 10yr olds or even 12yr olds with a phone.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:23 PM

You don&#x27;t need any of that other than an email. Look you&#x27;re 14. Your parents don&#x27;t want you to grow up too fast and want you to enjoy being a kid while you can. I agree, times are changing from when they were kids. But at least see your parents point of view first.
04-08-2014, 07:25 PM

I am unsure why they wont let you have an email address, maybe because they think some creep will start emailing you and you will agree to meet them somewhere. Then Wham! your kidnapped, killed or dare I say worse.

Your parents are probity scared you don't know about safe sex, let alone even having sex cross your mind at all, that scares the crap out of them.

Your parents have most likely seen all the bad things kids your age do with cellphones, sexting, bullying, going on websites that waste time. Also they may think the radiation and electromagnetic waves that cellphones give off will hurt you.

A the end of the day you need to start a rational discussion with them surrounding the topics that scare them into making those decisions for you. Then once you understand their side, show them that you are smart enough to make the right decisions at the right times so bad things don't happen. Better yet show them that you can lead by example to your friends and show them how to you use technology effectively and responsibly.

I think i can imagine the stereotype idiot child that they think you will turn into the minute you get your hands on an iphone 5. The kid who sits at the dinner table not looking up once to acknowledge the people around him, so engrossed in texting and playing angry birds that he uses only grunts and nods to communicate with the outside world.

I have seen grown adults turn into this, don't let technology use you, you use the technology. The people in your immediate surroundings are the most important no matter what.

If all of this fails, say trying to do it over a 2 years time (now your 16) you going to give them an ultimatum. you will most likely be so frustrated at this point you will turn emo, goth, or thug and just completely ignore all input they have for you. Just please if it ever gets remotely close to this, work on getting yourself a job work hard for what you really want and keep a respectful distance.

Remember above all else your parents love you and they are your parents for life so respect their emotions and own life decisions at the very least.
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM

14 means Grade 9 right? A relationship in grade 9 is just a call for failure, when you start high school you wanna meet new friends and be open. If you close yourself off to one other person than how are you gunna expand? From personal experience i can say i know exactly why your parents are doing what they're doing, they're looking out for you.

But as for the phone, email, facebook, twitter and wifi i have no idea, A phone is a basic safety precaution especially at your age. I say talk to them and make a deal