This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I post pics on facebook or online? IS it really bad if it's just one picture?
04-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Should I post pics on facebook or online? IS it really bad if it's just one picture?
I am really worried about this and would like to protect my privacy, but I want to create an account on facebook since all my friends have one. I understand that once making an account and putting your personal info, there's no going back. that's why I am afraid. I want to do so by putting very little info and have only people (friends) i really trust be able to see it.

Do you think it's a good idea to put my pic online? What do you think if I put a cartoon or fake picture? I'm not sure whther to do so becasue everyone will know then that it's not me. What if I don't put much personal info on facebook? Then, even if I have my pic but fake info will people know or be able to search for me on google search and find me? I'm just afraid of the whole stalker thing I've been hearing about lately. Any advice please? I do plan to keep my page private btw, but would like advice how to do so. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:18 PM

I think there is a new law that third parties and employers can check your facebook so make sure its not anything bad.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:19 PM

You did not say how old you were but if you are under 13 they will eventually find out and remove you from facebook because you would be too young to have a profile on there. It is very dangerous to put your pic or any personal information on there because there could be a predator or somebody on there that would want to cause you harm. It is really never private because what if one of your friends decides not to be a friend anymore? A cartoon or another pic would be okay because then they could not find out personal information.
04-08-2014, 07:21 PM

It is totally up to you but in my opinion is that it is fine. As long as the photos are suitable for the internet, and not what you wouldn't want anyone to see, for example revealing photos. There is an option on privacy settings which enables you to hide your personal details and photos from people who you do not know and don't have as friends on Facebook.

It is not compulsory to put your personal details, i.e. phone number, address etc, on your profile and is down to choice. Hope I helpedSmile
04-08-2014, 07:26 PM

Hi,
I think it's great that you want to protect your own privacy.

I think you can put your own picture online, as long as it's not something you'd regret later on (i.e. scandalous, embarrassing, under the influence of alcohol). Just normal pictures should be fine.

You don't have to put all your personal information, basic information should be ok (i.e. birthday, gender).

As for setting your privacy, first log on to Facebook. Then go to this link:
1. Set general privacy settings.

http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=pr...4c69243437

if the link doesn't work, go to http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy

then click "view settings" under Connecting on Facebook.

2. To further tweak your privacy settings:

http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy
scroll to the bottom, right above "block lists" you should see a blue link "customize settings", there you can control a whole series of things (whether 'everyone', 'friends only', 'friends of friends', etc can see)
04-08-2014, 07:33 PM

uggh stop asking questions... but anyways. its up to you and imo, jst don't make a facebook if ur that paranoid.