This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For education purpose, i need a free web hosting and can accept free domains with wordpress?
04-08-2014, 07:16 PM
For education purpose, i need a free web hosting and can accept free domains with wordpress?
Pls suggest as i'm new to hosting and working with self hosted domain. Ultimate aim is to get full knowledge of working with wordpress by using php, mysql, html, javascript etc. .

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:20 PM

Education purposes is great, but honestly you won't learn that much, because free hosts severely limit what you're actually allowed to do.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:21 PM

Surely you can do that on Wordpress.com?
I believe you have to have a subdomain rather than a domain, but you can certainly learn all you need from using a subdomain
04-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Here is a hosting provider with free hosting option: http://www.wowebhosting.com/free-hosting

You may also try some budget(Shared) hosting plans which are more stable and faster than free hosting.

Here are benefits for budget hosting:

1. Cheap: Shared hostings cost only $1.9 - $9.9/month generally while a server costs $100 or more.
2. Easy: Shared hosting servers are managed by the system administrator which saves the time and money for you to manage a server.
3. Unlimited: Shared hosting doesn't limit quota and bandwith generally but limit CPU/RAM usage.
4. Safe: You buy hosting and you have contract with the provider so they should protect your data's safety. For free hosting, no safety is there, they can delete your website at any time without notification.

So unless you don't concern about the reliablility or safety of your website, you can use free hosting. If not, use a budget hosting.

If you have a high traffic website which has visitors more than 200/day, then you may face lots of website too busy problems with free hosting.
04-08-2014, 07:32 PM

You can mapped your own domain name with free hosting sites but some may ask for fee or change your account into premium. Yes, you can create a basic with Wordpress.com but you have limited access in customizing your themes. However, if you have a premium account with them, you can get unlimited hosting service.

On the other hand, some premium hosting company provide free premium domain name like Justhost.com, Fatcow.com and Myhosting.com.
04-08-2014, 07:40 PM

http://www.lbshosting.com