This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which is the Better Search Engine, Yahoo! or Google?
04-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Which is the Better Search Engine, Yahoo! or Google?
Please explain your answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Goooooogle

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:27 PM

Google. It more often gives me a wider range of relevant results to the topic I am searching and it auto recognizes typing mistakes as well as similar words.
04-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Google have a jewish guy and yahoo dont have jewish guy soooo yahoo rule
04-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Google used to be a great search engine, but since it has changed so many things, I use Bing. Yahoo is ok, but it isn't even as good as google.
04-08-2014, 07:44 PM

google no doubt. it's a no-nonsense search engine. i have been using google for far too long. i've used other search engines too, but found google to be the best ,...but perhaps maybe i've heard 'bing' is also good, i haven't used bing though. i search with different parameters in place and use different options etc. to get to the most relevant results. it's a breeze with google. i had 'heard' few months back bing was rolling out search by date, but i could not see such an option there. on yahoo i don't know if its possible.

basically, my point is, google provides me with everything i want to achieve, so i do not have a case looking elsewhere. i even search google in a relatively obscure language that's not english and not even in roman script, yet it turns out relevant results as it does with english language results, even to the extent of showing automatic suggestions...which is brilliant. i have tried searching stuff in this language with others, but it came out with far fewer results. ..

i actually can't remember the last time i did a yahoo search. i'm not the one jumping on a bandwagon using stuff when someone recommends. i've been an internet user for far too long and i have used google because it has helped me tremendously in anything , not because anyone recommended me. As far as explaining the 'algorithm ' part of it, i can't do that, because i dont know the algorithms different search engines use. but all i can tell you that google makes several changes to its search algorithms daily.
04-08-2014, 07:53 PM

Most of the websites these days optimize themselves so that they can show themselves on google search....this results in google returning same website names again and again......thus Bing and Yahoo sometimes give better results than google
04-08-2014, 08:02 PM

Goooogle,

You should have asked bing instead yahoo, since yahoo is the bing's search