This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to increase internet speed?
04-08-2014, 07:17 PM
How to increase internet speed?
So basically my internet speed is very slow.I pay for 128kbps bandwidth (Cable) bot then also I only get about 20 to 25 kbps speed while downloading, why? So is there any way to increase it.I am planing to upgrade it to 256kbps from next month and I close my browser while I download except one I used to log in (Yes,before I use internet I have to open a website and give my log in information and log in so that I can use the internet and I have to keep it open while I use internet.)Please don't tell me to get to increase Ram or get a better processor because I already have a better one.

Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:21 PM

Dear, 128 kbps is very slow. You cant get more than 20 to 25 kbps in 128 kbps Speed.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:28 PM

You are paying for 256kbps and getting 25kBps. Byte=8bit. Sp 256b/8 = 32B minus some protocol etc.
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM

Try to clear browser's cache .. n check if that helps. For Firefox--> Open " History --> Clear recent history ", If internet explorer -->Tools-->Options --> (General)Delete browsing history.

And lastly, check if you have any Antivirus installed on your computer?, It blocks web pages which it feels are threat and checks each n every website you enter page by page. In such case, disable your antivirus and check if there's any change in the speed.

If this doesn't help, it's recommended that you change the connection .
04-08-2014, 07:43 PM

Byte=8bit.
04-08-2014, 07:50 PM

have to keep it open
04-08-2014, 07:57 PM

Its the best time for u to just upgrade your internet...........
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM

At least it should be not less than 3 mbps.
Docomo gives the required speed with its photon plus or photon max wifi prepaid connection.
Never opt for a postpaid connection.
04-08-2014, 08:00 PM

Try clearing caches and cookies in ur browser