This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From centrelink can I .....?
04-08-2014, 07:21 PM
From centrelink can I .....?
With centrelink will they let me have the "Away from home rate" as well as the study rate if I am living away from home and studying or?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:26 PM

Hi Cheyenne, I work in a team at the Australian Government Department of Human Services that answers social media questions on sites like this one.

If you’re a full-time tertiary student receiving a payment from Centrelink, such as Youth Allowance, you may be eligible for the away from home rate if it takes more than 90 minutes by public transport to travel from your parents' home to your place of study, if there is a compulsory requirement to reside at your education institution while you study, or if you are undertaking part of your Australian-approved course at an overseas institution. There’s more info about the higher rate on our website here http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer...gher-rate.

Just to clarify – you can only get one Youth Allowance payment at a time, we’ll work out which rate you’re eligible for.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply