This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need someone to give a me a review of my website.?
04-08-2014, 07:24 PM
I need someone to give a me a review of my website.?
I created a website using word press 2 years ago. It's a simple idea a website to find something to do for you and the family.It's going okay but I'm not getting as much traffic as I would like. I've done every thing I read about on how to drive traffic. I understand how to maintain it update as needed.My biggest problem is keeping people there for any length of time. I feel like im doing something wrong I just cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm looking for constructive criticism on how to improve either from somebody or some company. Thanks
Sorry Its Called http://mysocialcalendar.net/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:39 PM

oh... so you think showing it off here will generate traffic?

You are in violation of Yahoo TOS. While you can ask what to do to make it better you can't use this site to get hits for your site.

It's a run of the mill site... your problem is that you are not unique.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:47 PM

Hi, I've had a look at your website and to give you constructive criticism; I think the layout is very busy, your bombarded with words and adds before your eyes even hit the information your trying to share. Maybe rethink your layout widths so that you can neatly display some of this information in a more welcoming and attractive way, your tabs are jumbled apposed to neatly placed in a way that readers can navigate easily. On first glace you can easily mistake your nav bar for another add and that will instantly make me ex out. You literally have a few seconds to draw your audiences attention and interest to want to browse through, and I think clear and related images is an important part of this. When I browse through blogs the images draw me in first because that's where my eyes go first and if I'm interested then I might stay and skim read a post or two. Your header/logo is virtually non existent, it should summaries your website and taste in a nutshell. You don't need anything flash to have a visually pleasing website, it could be a simple layout and palette. I really think you need to consider the design side of your website because you could have amazing content and attract the right traffic but turn them away instantly because of design. I have a blog myself and I've been trying to improve on these aspects too. Hope this helps?
04-08-2014, 07:59 PM

If it is basically about driving traffic to your website, you can always go for SEO i.e. search engine optimization services. The white hat technique performed by SEO analysts would be the best way to drive traffic. There are many ways and people will tell you thousands of ways through which you can drive traffic but outsourcing is the best way.