This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is reposting bad for SEO?
04-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Is reposting bad for SEO?
I'm helping a friend with her website. I'm not a professional seo person but I know some things. But is it bad to put content in a blog post that was written by someone else word for word even though you have the author sited at the top?

I'm assuming google doesn't like that since I know certain seo techniques google doesn't like.

I advise her writting her own content or at least sum up the content and then link to wherever she got her content from.

Any advice to help my friend with better seo results?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:34 PM

There are valid reasons for duplicate content, like quoting the constitution, but generally the first site to post the content will get the best ranking for it, this is probably OK to help fill out the content but the greater part of content should be original quality writing.

Article directories like Ezinearticles expect article to be reprinted on other sites, the author benefits from the backlink in the author credit box that's supposed to be retained.

Sites like copyscape identifies copied articles, if your one of 100 sites with the same text, the ranking benefit will probably be minimal.

There is talk about Google duplicate content penalties, I do believe that is more about repeating the same content on your own site.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:36 PM

The best way of seo page rank in google is Article posting.Creating website content that is optimized with keyword-rich articles is one of the most effective ways to drive traffic to your website or your blog. Also called SEO, search engine optimization is hardly a magical process that can only be accomplished by an expert.
04-08-2014, 07:42 PM

Stop it what you doing it could be harmful for your blog/site don't you copy content and place it on your site. Despite copying you can rewrite the article as many people do that.
04-08-2014, 07:49 PM

You should not re post your content. Because it could be very harmful for your website as seo point of view. As you know Google is very strict for content and updating its algorithm on regular basis
04-08-2014, 07:56 PM

You can rephrase the content by changing the meanings of different word. For example if a content use assumes then you can use anticipated instead of it and Google will not read it.
Take care
04-08-2014, 08:03 PM

I don't think so. But Google likes original and high quality content best. You should not re post your content. Because it could be very harmful for your website as seo point of view.
04-08-2014, 08:13 PM

ya..google is very strict know days about the repostig..
04-08-2014, 08:16 PM

yess.....its not good for seo
04-08-2014, 08:25 PM

It's generally not good. If you do this, have that particular page set to noindex or use rel="canonical" pointing the actual source. This will remove all risks because it is using the content for your users, not search engines.

If you are trying to use duplicate content for SEO purposes (even unintentionally), it's going to have a negative effect unless it's very limited compared to the unique content on the site.