This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For or against parents logging onto kids facebooks?
04-08-2014, 07:24 PM
For or against parents logging onto kids facebooks?
Do you think parents should give kids their privacy? Or should they moniter their kids facebooks and know every thing they do? What is your opinion?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Against. Giving a child no personal space and invading their privacy is going to do more damage than talking to friend online.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:30 PM

For that. Kids now a days are uncontrollable and they like to "impress" their friends on facebook by posting crude statuses and saying unnecessary things. I would do that if my child had a facebook. They find it unfair or an invasion of privacy but its really just protecting your kid.
04-08-2014, 07:40 PM

I say log on a view whats going on and after a while ease up a little bit. But an every now and then snoop is necessary to check up on their activities. Just don't be sneaky about it. Let them know you will be monitoring and as you build trust you will give them more privileges.
04-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Maybe have your own Facebook and have them as a friend. I would however, no go on their account, that's invading their privacy too much. I would set regulations for my kids Facebook account, such as privacy settings, and not to have Facebook friends they do not know, and to remind them to be careful of what they do and post of fb! I think knowing their password is a bit too much for a parent, kids do need space and a little privacy!
04-08-2014, 07:49 PM

My kids know they don't have any right to privacy unless I give it to them, everything they do is my business. They don't have facebook pages, if they want to talk to their friends they can do it the old fashioned way and call them on the telephone or invite them over.
If they don't like my rules, they can get a job and move out.
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM

True Story: Back in the day when Facebook didn't exist and the only way of communicating online was through chatrooms is where I found my then 11 year old little sister talking dirty online to who knows who. I proceeded to smack her across the head and call her an idiot.

Now what do you think my answer is??
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Against , if kids can't have privacy on their facebook page at least , and can't talk to their friends without having their parents knowing exactly what they're talking about , then that kid is going to grow to dislike their parents , so logging onto their kids facebooks is a step too far , which is why it shouldn't be done.
04-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Parents should definitely monitor what goes on on Facebook. Kids don't realize that things said on the internet can follow you forever or that giving out personal info can be dangerous.
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM

I don't know if you are a parent or not but I am 14 and i have a facebook. I asked them if i could have one and they said yes and told me that they completely trusted me, witch i appreciate greatly. I feel like if my parents were to monitor my facebook i would feel like they didn't trust me which is never good. I really think it is up to the parent and the kids behavior. But if you want to monitor their facebook maybe they shouldn't have one in the first place.
Hope i help Smile