This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Selling On Ebay *appealing a case*?
04-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Selling On Ebay *appealing a case*?
Lately, I have been having major problems with Ebay - I find the resolution centre very unhelpful and can never find the answers I actually need!
I recently sold and item and the buyer opened a case 'not as described'
Obviously this went in the sellers favour as it always does which I totally disagree with
Again I now have another buyer stating 'not as described' because the items didnt fit her?
The items were as described and they were listed what the size is on the tags.
I want to appeal against this case however I feel like im going round in circles trying to actually make this happen. Its extremely difficult to contact Ebay and expensive if you call them.
I have read a few reviews online and buy the looks of it every single case which a buyer opens the seller dosent stand a chance of being able to win the case as it always goes into the buyers favour. I totally disagree with this and wondered if I could take this further. Its not cheap to sell an item on Ebay now nor is it to post an item. Also I dont get the items back from the buyers so it means Im loosing out on double! Can someone please help me with this and advise me where I can go above Ebay to raise my issues on behalf of myself and other buyers!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Shut the fuckUp and go give your dad a blojob you shitface cocksucker.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:31 PM

Just respond to dispute and get the items shipped back to you and then you can refund them if they are in the same condition. Thats what you are supposed to do. If buyers dont ship items back you dont issue a refund and tell Ebay you didnt get them back.
04-08-2014, 07:32 PM

If size is a common problem, start taking & including photos of the size label.
Take plenty more of the item generally for your reference; digital photos are free.

The more info you give when you sell an item, the less excuses a buyer has for returning.

And, more info & extra pictures also gives you more evidence against 'not as described' problems.

You should still get the item back - if the buyer does not return it, that is theft! You may have to pay return postage on their behalf, but they absolutely have no right to keep a refunded item and that is cause for a separate complaint.

Keeping refunded items - or sending a different item/object back - is a known scam on ebay and reporting the buyer for this should get action.

With dispute cases, if you promptly respond to all requests and give proper info it is quite difficult for a buyer to win using false claims. Stick at it!

[Be thankful you are not a business seller - all buyers then have the right to return anything & everything under the Distance Selling Regs, and the seller has to refund including the postage..]

I've very rarely had problems with items on ebay, but the one time an item was (deliberately) mis-described, it took weeks of hassle to get a refund because the seller very actively responded to everything in the dispute.