This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I hire someone go make me a killer ebay listing?
04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Can I hire someone go make me a killer ebay listing?
I sell on ebay, and want to make a nice listing with my auctions. Can I hire someone on craigslist for this? Is it ok for them to have access to my ebay account? Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM

Try http://www.fiverr.com for a writer.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:41 PM

I wouldn't go sharing your eBay login with random strangers! Success on eBay isn't about killer listings. It's about price and trust level (for buyers). Also if you become a power seller you get your listings "bumped up" when the "best match" search is used by people looking for items in eBay. Basics like a well worded, detailed listing with good photos is a starting point but if your price is too high or you are a new seller (less than 50 sales) you are going to struggle to attract business (except maybe scammers or newbie buyers - both are pains). There are sellers who will sell our items for you (for a price of course) but they have the seller history and listing prominence that you don't have. At the end of the day, if your item is competitively priced and the listing accurate and informative, if there's a buyer out there, they'll find your listing. Also consider selling to international eBay buyers (if your item can be shipped) because the more people you get interested in buying, the more bidding you'll get (auction style). Don't use reserve prices, if you have a minimum amount in mind, start the auction at that price. As a buyer of over 10 years, I hate reserved listings. I want to bid to win it, not guess if the hidden reserve is more then my budget! And finally, check out the prices on similiar items. You may want $100 for your whatever, but if the going rate is more like $75, no one is going to be buying yours! Good luck.
04-08-2014, 07:45 PM

Born357 is correct about price, item and Top Rated Seller status.

But presentation does indeed make a difference.
I write my pages in old school HTML.

When you're competing with several of the same items it's nice to look good.

It's best to have all your pictures pictures in the body of the auction --- instead of
those little things where you need to click on each one ---I hate that.

I wouldn't go sharing your ebay password with a stranger.

Someone can email you a template that you can could just cut and paste.
I could do that --- but I don't need the competition.