This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which Online website builder should I use for me?
04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Which Online website builder should I use for me?
I was looking at SquareSpace but I am not sure if its right for me.

Actually, I am a little lost on what I am looking for.
I am a professional athlete looking to finally create a website. I have a FaceBook, twitter, etc. with a big following but my sponsors/supporters have been recommending I build a website.

Any recommendations?

I'd like to do it on my own because it seems like an interesting project for me. I read that Squarespace has a pretty simple and easy user face which is why it caught my attention.

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:34 PM

I agree, if you don't plan a static site, (and regular updates do help retain a following), you would want to use a blog platform, which allows selecting design themes, customizing functionality and add content with no coding.

Odds are a free host like Google's blogger.com or Wordpress.com would do as long as you have a custom domain name, which will allow you to transfer your address to a different host at some later date with minimal disruption. Your total had cost could be just $12 a year.

Blogger.com has no paid upgrades, like other free sites, including wordpress.com.

try a google seach for site:blogspot.com intitle:"professional athlete"
to get a feel for what the blogs can look like. (These will all be ones using the free subdomain name)

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:36 PM

For my projects that involve personal websites like yours I usually http://www.webzai.com
It gives a really great level of design freedom but you still don't need any professional knowledge to build a good looking website with it.
04-08-2014, 07:39 PM

I use ultimatewb and think it's the best. It's very easy to use, with lots of features.
04-08-2014, 07:41 PM

For Website builder you can browse through http://www.webstarttoday.com . This will integrate your Facebook links too . So you have a website with your social presence attached to it .

As per building a website, one can do if proper planing and blue prints are in place .Thou you need to have strong coding in place. This helps in going in a focused way and gives you desired results.