This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what is a business model?
04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
what is a business model?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:30 PM

A business model is the way that a company sells products to its customers, according to Online Business Watch.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:35 PM

I will try to explain with an simple example. I have a small store which sells paper, pen, pencil & eraser.
In this case my business model will be
Purchase : It will be responsible to get Paper, Pen, Pencil & Eraser (PPPE) at the best prices, keeping in mind Quality.
Back Office : It will be responsible to check Stock Levels, Accounting & other administrative tasks like Salaries, utility payments etc.
Sales : It will be responsible to give best possible solutions to walk in customers and inform them of current schemes, qualities available

So in this case, my business model consists of Purchase, Back Office & Sales

As the business grows in complexity, size, geographically, there are various factors to be accounted like tax compliance, compliance with laws of the land, purchase department becomes more sophisticated. The business model starts defining each process, task, resource (people, systems, devices etc)
04-08-2014, 07:39 PM

An outline structure for a successful business in its chosen market. Abbi provides an example, Franchise provides business templates which are its business model.
04-08-2014, 07:47 PM

A business model describes the rationale of how an organization creates, delivers, and captures value (economic, social, cultural, or other forms of value). The process of business model construction is part of business strategy.