This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Explain gender inequality and the three factors based on. Why do you think the U.S. lags behind othercountries?
04-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Explain gender inequality and the three factors based on. Why do you think the U.S. lags behind othercountries?
in terms of gender inequality and it has actually increased where as in
most countries gender inequality as decreased.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM

(1) The natural tendency we all have to follow and support those we have most in common with, in social class, in ethnicity, in nationality, in gender, whatever. Why do you thinkt the British government is full of Old Etonians: they all have known each other since their school days. All governments, multinational corporations, police forces, courts and top organizations are dominated and run by men for men. The women are mostly left to have and look after the next generation and see we all come home to a decent meal and a warm bed. If they want power, they have to turn themselves into pseudo-men, from Boudicca to Margaret Thatcher!
(2) The importance of teresterone in creating single mindedness aka tunnel vision, so important in choosing and achieving narrow objectives such as the power required by the alpha male to fuel his self esteem
(3) Tradition: at base we are all scared of any fundamental change. "Plus ça change plus c'est la même chose" is not just true of France: it applies to all human society. We are still (male) hunters and (female) gatherers at heart.
Factor 2 created the world banking criss, for instance,. factor 1 meant no one was effectively punished for it and factor 3 is why it will all happen again in a few years. It has been all men responsible for the present crisis in the Crimea. It was two male pilots aboard the missing Malasian aircraft...
But your belief that the US alone lags behind is what any of us would believe about our own country, it is usually the only one we know enough about to be able to recognize the real situation behind the hype and PR. What "more advanced" country did you have in mind? Iceland and Norway are the ones I think of, but I am sure that is merely because I have never been there and only know what I read of them in our male owned mass media.
The first complaint a child makles about the world around him,or her is that "it is not fair." Maturity in the developing human brain is only reached with the realization that in this Lacrimarum Valle, nothing is "fair" nor ever wioll be.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply