This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why did my good friend stop talking to everybody, and how can i help?
04-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Why did my good friend stop talking to everybody, and how can i help?
So I have a friend I have talked to for a long time on a regular basis. Now she has basically disappeared. Nobody I know can get in contact with her. For about a month. She still goes on Facebook, but never responds or posts anything. Or texts anyone back.

Anyone ever heard of this happening to them?

I want to also send her a card through the mail, just to say I'm always there. And maybe put a $10 card to her favorite coffee shop. Just to cheer her up.

Couldn't hurt, right?

I think she might be down.

Anyone ever heard of this kind of thing?
I sent a barrage of texts and facebook messages after a week of no casual replying, which I shouldn't have done. But I have not said a thing to her since February 2nd.

I admit I shouldn't have done that.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:30 PM

Does she have personal problems? I always had family problems that I never told my friends because I made them my own second and separate life. There was my college life and there is my personal life. I am very social, but yet I don't like to bombard people with my problems. (That is my way of thinking). Sending gifts and, love every now-and-then(a couple times a month, not everyday or week) will let her know that she is still being loved and thought about, but you don't want to push her away by being annoying in her eyes.

If you are brave enough then just go up to her house and just ask her. Tell her that you are worried and confused. Get your group together and speak of reasons as to why you think that she would seclude a large group of you, but still be involved with social media. Speaking to siblings and parents is always another option, but I would leave this as a last resort so people aren't being dragged under the bus with you if there was any type of conflict.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply