This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheapest way to create a website?
04-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Cheapest way to create a website?
HI there,

I am wanting to create a website if I could for hopefully as little as possible, or could someone give me an idea of how much it would cost in total? I have tried looking at some sites, and let me tell you, I am a complete novice! Its really confusing me, could someone suggest any sites/tools? best to use, and how much roughly having a website will cost?

Its to advertise my dog boarding business*

thanks Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:38 PM

everyone i know knows how to make one. it's easy. do you have any friends?

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:45 PM

Moonfruit is easy, and free. You can pay to add some more things, (Which is worth it), but any basic website can be made on Moonfruit.
04-08-2014, 07:50 PM

You want to do it the right way.
- Buy hosting and a domain name from GoDaddy
- Then set up wordpress

Wordpress is super easy and looks really professional.

And it cost about $50 in total to set up.
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM

There are lots of free hosting services out there such as http://www.000webhost.com which also includes free 'website in a box' type templates
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM

AS you are clueless about how to create a website you will obviously have to pay someone for their time in making one for you. The cheapest you will find for a crappy website will be about £99, but don't expect too many customers from that rubbish. You pay peanuts, you will get monkeys.
04-08-2014, 08:10 PM

In order to build a website you just need:

1. A domain name (like something.com)
2. Web Hosting (the place where your actual website files are hosted)
3. A way to build your website (either manually if you know HTML and CSS, by paying someone, by using a built in website builder from your web host, or by installing Wordpress or similar CMS software).

Most modern web hosts include all three, so all you need to build a website like http://www.something.com is to get web hosting.

I recommend one of these: http://www.webhostingdiscounts.org/

iPage is on a huge sale right now, over 77% off from the regular price.

Their hosting plan includes:
- Free domain name (.com, .net, .org)
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Unlimited email addresses per domain name

They include a free point & click online site builder, so you can create your website without any programming (easy, just by drag and drop) or you can install Wordpress (they include an easy, one click install of Wordpress from their control panel), choose a theme that you like, and start adding content.

They also have a great custom control panel with OneClick installs of all the popular software like Wordpress, Joomla, Forums, Chat, Galleries, Online stores and a lot more.
04-08-2014, 08:19 PM

-Buy domain from Godaddy : $12-15
-Buy an standard hosting package: $20-30

Your estimated cost will be $40-50
04-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Samantha, for a business related website, it is best to get your own website and hosting. You can get a website for under $10 for the first year (look for online deals) and for web hosting, it might cost you $6 to $10 per month - again, look for any online deals.

Next, most web hosting companies will offer wordpress as an option to use. Thus, you can set up your website right on wordpress and that won't cost you anything.

As far as tools, if you need help setting this all up, jump on YouTube, you can find video help there. It will take a little time to get it going, but it is skills worth learning.

Good luck.