This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it okay for friends to forget your birthday?
04-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Is it okay for friends to forget your birthday?
I recently had a birthday and each of my 4 friends forgot. It wasn't til late that night after talking to a mutual friend and mentioning my birthday that I immediately received a text , one after the other, saying happy birthday. It was obvious that they all forgot and we're frantically texting each other to text me. I felt hurt because every other birthday in the group is remembered but not one person remembered mine. Are they bad friends or are my expectations too high?..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:41 PM

I know how you feel...some mine did that to me, and I also didn't feel the tight thing. They're nit bad friends but they just aren't aware of what happens. Your expectations aren't high but it they're actions are just wrong

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:44 PM

I think it is fine.
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM

It happens the older you get...at least to me.......Once I used to have about 18 cards and flowers and "surprise" parties etc.....Now I'm lucky if MY BEST FRIEND remembers.....In Fact I received a card from Lori yesterday....stating don't open until Nov 14TH Birthday girl! I called her and asked if she had had too much wine or what.....since I didn't "GET IT" sending a B. Card 8 months B4 the actual date...
04-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Well I am not so sure about this one to be honest. But there is a possibility that (via social media or so) your friends get a notification of each others bdays but somehow not yours (maybe because you do not use social media or your preferences are set this way). That may be a good explanation. Because it is weird, at least to me, that they forgot your bday but remember each others. It does not necessarily mean that they are bad friends by forgetting your birthday. So don&#x27;t worry about that.